This new course has now been added to our Business Skills, Leadership and Employability Suite.
- This course covers a range of problems that occur in the workplace – and how they can be recognised, controlled and solved.
- You’ll learn about the three main areas in which problems can occur – people, tasks and resources.
- Problems with people can include personality clashes, dangerous, offensive or illegal behaviour, poor communication and differences of opinion.
- You’ll learn about the Equality Act 2010 and how it applies to discrimination.
- There’ll be coverage of time-wasting – due to individual actions and poorly organised work systems – and how to ensure time at work is spent productively.
- It’ll also cover problems with resources, such as a lack of raw materials or equipment.
- You’ll discover the ways problems can be solved by the actions of managers, employees and outside organisations.
- Finally, we’ll investigate the use of arbitration, negotiation, compromise, conciliation and mediation to resolve conflicts – and the many benefits these resolutions can bring to the workplace.
This course is aimed at supervisors and managers that want to develop problem solving skills in the workplace. The course can be a great starting point for people new to their leadership role as well as more established managers that want to enhance their skills. This acts as a great introduction to the subject.
This course can be sold to individuals who are doing the training for themselves or it can be pitched to businesses who might want to put all of their first line management team through the training, so they all work in the same way and have the same skill set.
- CPD approval means that this course can be used by those that need to prove they are continually developing themselves.
- Understanding why problems occur and having the tools to solve common problems quickly will ensure work runs smoothly.
- Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training around their work and personal life
Other VideoTile courses that could be useful for those starting a new job could include Developing Teamwork, Customer Service, Introducing GDPR and Leadership Skills.